Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Can optimism be learned? According to this article, the answer is yes. Here are seven tips to increase your optimism and why it’s important.
In short, optimism makes you happier and healthier. It helps you bounce back from setbacks, makes you more resilient, and increases your productivity. It also makes you more attractive to others – both personally and professionally.
So how can you become more optimistic?
1) Be mindful of your thoughts – pay attention to the language you use when thinking about yourself and others. For example, instead of thinking “I’m so stupid,” reframe that thought to “I made a mistake.”
2) Practice gratitude – be thankful for what you have, both big and small. This includes being grateful for the good moments as well as the bad moments, because they all make us who we are.
3) Take care of yourself – eat healthy foods, get enough sleep, exercise regularly, and take time for yourself. All of these things help boost your mood and increase your resilience.
4) Challenge yourself – set goals for yourself and push yourself to achieve them. This will help you feel more in control of your life and increase your sense of accomplishment.
5) Connect with others – social support is crucial for happiness and wellbeing. Reach out to your friends and family members, join a supportive online community, or seek out a therapist or life coach if you need extra support.
Free e-book and video tips.
Get your copy today!
6) Look on the bright side – when something bad happens, try to find a silver lining. This may not be easy at first, but with practice it becomes easier. And eventually, looking on the bright side will become second nature to you.
7) Stay positive – above all else, remember to stay positive! Positivity breeds positivity, so keep your mind focused on the good things in life.”
So why should managers, business owners and supervisors care about being optimists? Optimists are more successful than pessimists because they:
- Tend to have better mental and physical health
- Have better relationships
- Are more creative
- Are more productive
- Make better decisions
- Are less stressed
- Are less likely to give up in the face of failure
If you’re a manager, business owner or supervisor, it’s important to be an optimist because it will make you a more successful leader. Positivity breeds success so if you want your team to be successful, you need to be positive yourself.
Find out more in the original article here: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/optimism/7-tips-to-increase-your-optimism-why-its-important/
This article summary was created by Eleanor Shakiba
Eleanor is a leadership trainer, success coach and people skills expert. She helps managers and business owners build thriving teams and organisations, using tools from Positive Psychology. She's trained more than 60,000 people during her career as a corporate trainer and professional development consultant. Her mission is inspiring talented people to become leaders who make a difference.